Wednesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Cytokinetics (CYTK) soared 19% after it announced it will partner with fellow California biotech Amgen (AMGN) in a $75 million cash-and-stock deal for the development of small-molecule heart-failure treatments.
Cytokinetics shares were trading up $1.42 to $8.90. Amgen shares were rising $1, or 1.5%, to $69.31.
PFSweb (PFSW) shares swelled on word Riverbed Technology (RVBD) had hired the Texas-based outsourcer to perform, among other things, final product assembly for Riverbed's wide-area data services product lines.
PFSweb shares were jumping 30 cents, or 27.3%, to $1.40. Riverbed was up 55 cents, or 1.8%, to $31.25.Agilysys (AGYS) surged after saying it will sell its KeyLink Systems Group subsidiary to Arrow Electronics (ARW) for $485 million. The transaction will probably close by March 31. The Boca Raton, Fla.-based company will also buy back up to 6 million shares as soon as possible after the KeyLink transaction closes. Agilysys shares were up $3.17, or 18.9%, to $19.91. Arrow shares were adding 88 cents, or 2.8%, to $32.43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV