Thursday's Winners & Losers
Digital Music Group (DMGI) said Anders Brown, chief operating officer, and Richard Rees, vice president of business development, have resigned from their positions. Shares were down 0.2% at $4.51.
BG Group (BRG) agreed to buy the Lake Road power plant, an 805-megawatt energy facility located in Dayville, Conn., for $685 million. BG Group was up 0.1% to $68.40.
Taser International (TASR) said a court in Illinois dismissed a product liability lawsuit that had been filed against the company. Still, Taser was off 0.3% at $7.48.
Tandy Leather Factory (TLF) said Wray Thompson will resign as the company's chief executive Dec. 31. Thompson will continue to serve as chairman. Ron Morgan, the company's president and COO, will be the new CEO. Tandy was down 0.1% at $7.89.Peabody Energy (BTU) said Eric Ford has been named executive vice president and chief operating officer. Ford will have responsibility for all of the company's global mining operations, as well as the areas of safety, operations improvement, engineering, and environmental and geologic services. He will join Peabody in the first quarter of 2007. Shares lost 1.2% to $41.11. Christopher & Banks (CBK) said it had total sales of $60 million for the four-week period ended Dec. 23, down modestly from $60.2 million last year. Same-store sales declined 7% for the month. The stock slipped 0.4% to $19.06.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV