Wednesday's Winners & Losers
Zix Corp. (ZIXI) shares surged 28% Wednesday on news the software company won two separate contracts to provide e-payment service for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and a statewide deal to provide a 500-physician e-prescribing program. Shares were up 21 cents, or 20.2%, at $1.24 in recent trading.
Shares of Cadmus Communications (CDMS) got a boost Wednesday after Cenveo (CVO) agreed to buy the journal publisher for $24.75 a share in cash. Cadmus shares were higher by $3.48, or 16.6%, at $24.46, and Cenveo shares were up $1.62, or 8.2%, at $21.47.
Shares of Gorman-Rupp (GRC) climbed on news its subsidiary, Patterson Pump Co., will fill a $15 million order for pumps that will be used for New Orleans flood control. The company expects to receive the revenue from the sale of the eight pumps in mid-2007. Shares were up $3.03, or 9.6%, at $34.43.
Evergreen Energy (EEE) was trading some 13% higher Wednesday on news the company signed deals with two major utilities to integrate its K-Direct coal refineries in existing and new coal power plants. The company said it would provide further details of the deals next month. Its Buckeye Industrial Mining subsidiary successfully demonstrated a test burn of its K-Fuel refined coal in Painesville, Ohio, the results of which complied with a new federal clean air standard for industrial boilers, a standard that goes into effect next year. Shares were up 58 cents, or 6.4%, at $9.66.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV