Tuesday's Financial Winners & Losers
New York Stock Exchange (NYX) fell again Tuesday as the exchange edged ever closer to its imminent $14 billion merger with Europe's Euronext exchange. Shares were losing $2.63, or 2.6%, to $94.37.
Nelnet (NNI) rose after an analyst with J.P. Morgan Chase reiterated his overweight rating on the student lender. The stock fell Friday after the company lost a lucrative contract with the Canadian government. The analyst, however, says Nelnet is likely to gain market share from the Federal Family Education Loan Program business. Shares were up $1.17, or 4.3%, to $27.82.
Medical Properties Trust (MPW) continued to rise after an analyst with Robert W. Baird began his coverage on the real estate investment trust late last week with a buy rating. The REIT specializes in investing in health care facilities. Shares were climbing 25 cents, or 1.7%, to $15.06.
State Bancorp (STBC) was still rising after Friday's announcement that the New York bank had raised more than $36 million in a 2.3 million share private placement. Shares were up 41 cents, or 2.1%, to $19.76.Brookfield Properties (BPO) slipped again following the news that the underwriters of its recent $1.14 billion stock offering have exercised their over-allotment option. Late last week the property management company said the underwriters were buying an additional 1.9 million of its shares at a price of $38 apiece. Shares were down 9 cents to $38.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV