Tuesday's Winners & Losers
Fuwei Films (FFHL) surged 22% on its first full trading day as a public company. On Friday, the company completed an initial public offering of 4.3 million ordinary shares at a price of $8.28 each. Total gross proceeds were $35.7 million. Lately, shares of Fuwei were up $2.68 to $15.19.
Goodyear's (GT) shares were up after the company and the United Steelworkers reached a tentative agreement on a new contract, bringing an end to a strike that began Oct. 5. The tiremaker's stock was adding 1.8% to $20.07.
Garmin (GRMN) was lower despite news that it received a decision from a U.S. District Court in Wisconsin giving it a complete victory in its defense of TomTom's claims of infringement of three patents. The ruling left unadjudicated many of the claims filed by Garmin against TomTom. Shares of Garmin fell 0.8% to $54.72.Partner Communications (PTNR) was weaker after it named David Avner as CEO, effective Jan. 1. Avner, currently deputy CEO and chief operating officer, will succeed Amikam Cohen, Partner's founding CEO. Shares of Partner were dropping 1.5% to $11.53.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV