Stocks Find Post-Holiday Buyers
Updated from 4:20 p.m. EST
Stocks began a holiday-shortened week to the upside Tuesday, as the major averages marched ahead throughout the session and closed higher.
As Wall Street geared up to put the wraps on 2006, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 64.41 points, or 0.5%, to 12,407.63, and the S&P 500 climbed 6.14 points, or 0.4%, to 1416.90. The Nasdaq Composite tacked on 12.33 points, or 0.5%, to 2413.51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV