Maine Root soda calls itself "free-range root beer."
A handcrafted soda, Maine Root's organically sweetened brews have been on the market for four years. Now mainly available in the Eastern U.S., Maine Root can be found at Whole Foods, Central Market and many natural food stores.
This soda company also has a strong environmentally conscious philosophy and supports initiatives such as vegetable-powered biodiesel fuel alternatives.
In spite of its name, The Manhattan Bottling Co. has been a Brooklyn institution since 1895, and its award-winning Manhattan Special Pure Espresso is one of the most popular coffee sodas shipped worldwide.Made from a secret family recipe for over a century, this drink uses all natural ingredients such as fresh coffee beans and pure cane sugar. The company has recently expanded its original, diet and diet-decaffeinated coffee-soda line to include iced-coffee drinks such as cappuccino, mocha and hazelnut, and fruit-flavored sodas such as cherry, orange and sarsaparilla. Since Manhattan Special is often more difficult to find in the stores than Jones or GuS, the soda does a thriving mail-order business on the Web, at sites such as Galco's Soda Pop Stop.
Jones' Pop CultureOne of the most unique beverages stories is that of Jones Soda. Jones Soda Co. was a full-line beverage distributor in western Canada when it launched its own six flavors in 1996. Jones implemented an alternative distribution strategy, placing branded coolers in venues such as skate, surf and snowboarding shops, tattoo and piercing parlors, and independent fashion and music stores. Now Jones has an almost cultlike following and can be found at larger chains such as Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Safeway, Target and 7-Eleven.
|Pass the Turkey and Gravy Jones Soda|
Enjoy the Good Life? Email us with what you'd like to see in future articles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV