NBC Universal Pushes Further Into Second Life
Because Linden Lab was unable to sell and open enough private islands for NBC Universal's initial debut, the company was forced to rent land from
NBC Universal is just one name on an already impressive client list for The Electric Sheep Company. Others include
(HOT) aloft private island,
In addition to developing NBC Universal's "Sessions" event, The Electric Sheep Company also teamed with marketing services firm Electric Artists to cultivate a project for iVillage, the female-focused Web site that NBC Universal purchased for $600 million in March. Previously, the two companies had worked together to create the virtual replica of Starwood's aloft hotel, so collaboration between the two is nothing new.
iVillage's Girls' Night Out, a celebration of women connecting to the virtual world, debuted last Thursday on The Electric Sheep Company's Sheep Island in Second Life. The biweekly event offers tours of Second Life destinations of interest to women, as well as communications with notable Second Life female avatars, such as Nephilaine Protagonist, one of Second Life's biggest fashion designers and a virtual female pioneer who was one of the first to make Second Life her full-time profession.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV