Peerless Systems Hires Chief
Networking technologies provider Peerless Systems (PRLS) has appointed Richard Roll as the company's new president and chief executive, effective immediately.
Roll succeeds Howard Nellor, who has resigned from the post but will continue to act as a member of Peerless Systems' board of directors and as a consultant to the company.
Most recently, Roll, 57, was the CEO of specialty software company FieldCentrix, a position he held from 2003 to 2005. Additionally, he acted as the president and chief operating officer of Epicor Software (EPIC) from 1999 to 2001 and as Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions' president and CEO from 1998 to 1999.
"Rick is a proven leader, and his background in both the imaging and specialty software industries will be of great benefit to both Peerless and its customers," Nellor said in a statement. "He has led multiple companies through significant increases in market share and profitability, and I believe he is ideally suited to help Peerless capitalize on the many growth opportunities that lie ahead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV