Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Gift From J. Crew
If investors had stuck with Gap from 1995 to 2002 while Drexler was there, they would have been up 368% in the stock in that time period.
Moreover, since Drexler came to J. Crew in 2003, "he has been running a very tight ship," Cramer said. He believes the company's estimates are too low, which is why he recommends that people buy it on a pullback.
"The bottom line: You're being handed a gift with this pullback in J. Crew," Cramer said. "It is a gift that keeps on giving because I don't think this pullback will be through until J. Crew's share lockup expires on Dec. 27."He advised viewers to do their homework and put a quarter of their J. Crew position in now. Further, he told people to be patient and wait for a pullback to buy more of the company's stock.
Holiday HeistAs there are no more obvious ways to make money off Christmas, Cramer said he has come up with a list of ancillary ways of exploiting the holiday season. On his Dec. 11 "Mad Money" show, Cramer named Safeway (SWY) as his first auxiliary Christmas play, and on Thursday, he named GSI Commerce (GSIC) as his second. Once again, he insisted that GSI investors refrain from buying the stock after hours. GSI is in the business of Web site administration, Web design, maintenance, order management, online marketing and other Web-related services for companies such as Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) and Burberry. The reason many people don't know about the company is because everything it does is behind the scenes, Cramer said. Go with this stock if you want to make money, he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV