Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Gift From J. Crew
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"Tonight it's time to attack enthusiasm," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
While Cramer said he enjoys enthusiasm, if market players want to make money, they must "check their enthusiasm at the door," he said.Taking Global Sources (GSOL) as an example, Cramer said that when he mentioned it as a buy last week, the stock "went up huge" immediately after hours. He urged people not to buy after hours, advising them to take a day to do their homework on a stock before buying it. J. Crew (JCG) spiked after it reported its last quarter, but as it was likely that the stock would make its way down again, Cramer said this is the type of enthusiasm people should have sold. After waiting for a pullback from J. Crew, the market finally got one Thursday, he said. The retailer closed that day at $39.99, and Cramer believes it's time to pull the trigger on this stock -- but not all at once, he warned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV