Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Gift From J. Crew
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"Tonight it's time to attack enthusiasm," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
While Cramer said he enjoys enthusiasm, if market players want to make money, they must "check their enthusiasm at the door," he said.Taking Global Sources (GSOL) as an example, Cramer said that when he mentioned it as a buy last week, the stock "went up huge" immediately after hours. He urged people not to buy after hours, advising them to take a day to do their homework on a stock before buying it. J. Crew (JCG) spiked after it reported its last quarter, but as it was likely that the stock would make its way down again, Cramer said this is the type of enthusiasm people should have sold. After waiting for a pullback from J. Crew, the market finally got one Thursday, he said. The retailer closed that day at $39.99, and Cramer believes it's time to pull the trigger on this stock -- but not all at once, he warned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV