Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Dectron Internationale (DECT) soared after the company swung to a profit and said revenue for the first nine months of the year rose nearly 18% from the same period in 2005. The company, a provider of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, said nine-month revenue was $42 million, up from $35.7 million a year ago. Net earnings totaled $552,000, or 17 cents a share, compared with a loss of $387,000 and 12 cents a share last year. Dectron was lately higher by $2.70, or 64.5%, at $6.90.
WSB Financial Group, the parent of Westsound Bank, surged nearly 16% on its first day of trading. The company priced an initial public offering of 2.3 million shares at $16.50 each, and lately it was gaining $2.60 to $19.10.
Profit-takers were hitting Progen Industries (PGLA), a day after its shares rocketed higher on the strength of a positive drug trial. Progen more than doubled Wednesday, but lately the stock was giving back 18% to $5.32.
SunCom Wireless (TPC) slumped after the New York Stock Exchange said it would suspend the company's stock because it no longer meets the minimum market capitalization requirement. SunCom plans to appeal. Shares were losing 12.8% to 95 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV