Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Hayes Lemmerz (HAYZ) jumped 31% after it forecast full-year sales of $2.2 billion to $2.3 billion and improved adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization compared with 2005. The maker of vehicle wheels also expects capital spending of $75 million to $85 million and said it would expand capacity at its aluminum wheel plants in the Czech Republic, Thailand and Turkey in the fourth quarter.
Sales for the fiscal third quarter ended Oct. 31 were $589.5 million, down 2.4% from a year earlier. The loss from operations for the quarter was $27.6 million, compared with earnings from operations of $16.8 million last year. Overall, Hayes lost $59.6 million in the third quarter, more than four times the loss last year. Hayes was up 77 cents to $3.26.
Fusion Telecommunications International (FSN), an Internet telephony provider, was higher after it said it has launched Mobilink. Mobilink is a new service that allows subscribers to access the company's retail Efonica VoIP services from their mobile phones, without Internet access or special software. Fusion was gaining 25% to $1.39.
EFJ (EFJI) advanced more than 19% on word its EFJohnson unit received an order for $76 million from the Defense Department. Separately, EFJohnson got a $2 million order from a Defense Department customer.The contracts allowed EFJ to overcome news that it was lowering its earnings guidance. The company now anticipates a loss for the fourth quarter and for the full year. Shares of EFJ were up $1.07 to $6.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV