Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Amrep (AXR) was higher after it said second-quarter net income more than tripled year over year. The company earned $16.1 million, or $2.42 a share, for its latest second quarter, up from $5.1 million and 76 cents a share a year ago. Revenue climbed to $56.1 million from $34.8 million last year. Shares of Amrep rose 13.7% to $100.
Micromet will continue to have operational responsibility for the current Phase 1b trial to evaluate the combination of adecatumumab and docetaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancer, and a new Phase 1 monotherapy study for the treatment of patients with solid tumors planned to begin in 2007. Serono will reimburse Micromet for its costs incurred in connection with the development program. Shares of Micromet were climbing nearly 12% to $3.35.
Wireless Telecom Group (WTT) was gaining on word one of its units unveiled TD-SCDMA call-mode capability on its flagship 4400 Mobile-Phone Tester Series in support of China's planned 3G deployment.The development makes the Willtek 4400 the industry's first mobile-phone tester that integrates all of the standard 3G technologies, including UMTS/WCDMA, CDMA2000/1xEVDO, and TD-SCDMA. The product also supports the standard 2G technologies of both GSM/GPRS/EDGE and cdmaOne. Shares of Wireless Telecom were up 11% to $2.93.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV