TheStreet.com Ratings: Top-Rated PowerShares Funds
My pick for the foreign funds is International Dividend (PID) -- it has a more consistent performance and a lower average price-to-earnings ratio.
In terms of income funds, I would pick Dynamic Leisure and Entertainment (PEJ). The fund's three-month return of 18.9% is hard to ignore, even if its focus may not make it the classic defensive play.
For the health sector, the only fund on our radar is Dynamic Pharmaceuticals (PJP). The thing I like about this fund is the consistency of its near-term performance.
Investors can also pick and choose from the list to construct a diversified portfolio of defensive funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV