Bridgestone to Buy Bandag
Bandag (BDG), a maker of retreading materials, agreed to be acquired by tiremaker Bridgestone Americas for about $1.05 billion in cash.
Bridgestone will pay $50.75 a share for Bandag, representing a premium of 13% over the company's Monday closing price of $45.04.
"Bandag is a leader in the retreading business, with a strong global reputation for quality, service and technology, as well as an extensive worldwide dealer network," said Mark Emkes, Chairman and CEO of Bridgestone Americas, in a statement. "The joining of Bridgestone Americas and Bandag will allow the two companies to better service their customers by offering a comprehensive tire maintenance solution, backed by a complete line of new and retread truck tire offerings."
The companies expect the deal to close late in the first quarter or early in the second quarter of 2007.Shares of Bandag recently were up $5.28, or 11%, to $50.32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV