Friday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Premiere Global Services (PGI) was higher after shareholder Crescendo Partners II, which owns about 4% of its stock, said it would nominate two directors for Premiere's board. Crescendo also said it wants Premiere to explore strategic alternatives to maximize stockholder value. Shares were up 8.3% to $8.83.
HandHeld Entertainment (ZVUE) rose 8.8% to $6.30 after it acquired FunMansion.com for $1.1 million.
CPI Aerostructures (CVU) rose after saying Harvey Bazaar has joined its board of directors. CPI also announced the retirement of its founder and chairman emeritus, Arthur August, effective Dec. 31. Shares of CPI gained 4% to $6.85.
Shares of SCO Group (SCOX) sank a day after the company received an unfavorable court decision. According to the Associated Press, a U.S. District Court judge upheld a magistrate's decision to dismiss 187 of SCO's 294 claims in a lawsuit against IBM (IBM). Shares of SCO dropped 38% to $1.24.AHPC Holdings (GLOV) slid on word that it received a letter from the Nasdaq indicating the company isn't in compliance with the requirements for continued listing. The letter said the company's shareholders equity amount is below the minimum requirement of $2.5 million. AHPC is considering its options. Shares were down 19.8% at 85 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV