American Medical Selling Unit
Iridex will pay American Medical $28 million at the close of the transaction, plus up to an additional $9 million for any remaining inventory at the end of a six- to nine-month manufacturing-transition period. The sale is expected to close no later than Jan. 31.
American Medical will use the proceeds from the sale to pay down long-term debt.
"Importantly, for the customers and the employees of our aesthetics division, Iridex is a company with a history of success in this field," said Martin Emerson, the company's president and CEO in a press release Friday. "I am further encouraged by the fact that Iridex is fully committed to building upon the reputation and relationships that have been built across the globe by our aesthetics employees."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV