Nutraceutical Profits Rise
Nutritional supplement maker Nutraceutical International (NUTR) reported mixed quarterly results Thursday, with a slightly higher profit on decreased revenue.
Sales were $35.7 million in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, down from $36.8 million a year ago. All told, Nutraceutical earned $3.1 million, or 27 cents a share, compared with $3 million, or 26 cents a share, a year ago.
"We continued our historical focus on increasing market share in domestic health and natural-food stores through marketing and sales programs with our retail store customers," said Bill Gay, the company's chairman and chief executive officer. "Acquisitions and development of synergistic product categories will remain an integral part of our growth strategy."
Shares of Nutraceutical were down 1.3% at $14.98.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV