Iberdrola to Buy Scottish Power
Scottish Power (SPI) has agreed to be acquired for more than $22 billion by Iberdrola SA, the second-biggest power utility in Spain.
Scottish Power is the fifth-largest energy company in the U.K. In addition to its United Kingdom operations, it also runs power-generating and gas facilities in the U.S.
Last year, Scottish Power rejected a takeover offer from E.ON.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV