Friday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
About 170 million people are affected by hepatitis C, and no one has come up with a cure. I've put together the Hepatitis C Index of stocks that are close to developing one.
Battle of the heavyweights: ET Stock Ideas analyzes Yahoo! (YHOO) vs. Google (GOOG).
Nice analysis by Value Discipline on how Adidas (ADDYY) has killed its brand.
Bankernotes looks at new economic powerhouse Vietnam.
Milton Friedman, 1912-2006.
Micro-cap energy hedge fund Keyrock Energy has updated its portfolio with three new picks and analysis.
The Peridot Capitalist reminds us to look at Sears' (SHLD) investment income before judging.
Fun analysis: Ticker Sense looks at what happens to game-platform companies' stocks when their new game stations are released (for instance, what happens to Sony (SNE) when a new Playstation comes out).
Focused portfolio and quality analysis of several special situations stocks.
Fly on the Wall constructs the Trans Fatty Acids Index.
The Stockmasters likes Chinese ringtone company Linktone (LTON).
CXO Advisory looks at various ways to simulate hedge fund strategies.
Crossing Wall Street wants to have an intervention with Cisco (CSCO) to stop it from buybacks.
A bit of '70s TV trivia: I had a crush on the little sister, Kim Richards, in this 1979 precursor to Frasier, " Hello Larry." Guess who her famous stepniece is.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV