Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Apple Stays Fresh
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
First of all, compared to Apple's iPod product, the Zune is too big and bulky, he said. And second, it comes in three colors, one of which is brown, a hue that is not likely to be popular among the younger set.Reason No. 3 why Cramer believes the Zune is likely to fail is that its music store is not good compared to iTunes, which is easy to use. In addition, although he likes Microsoft, Cramer said the company has been unable to reach the right demographic, which is the younger generation, whereas this demographic loves Apple. He said he finds the Zune, which doesn't even have an original design, "pathetic." Moreover, the rankings for the product, which just debuted Tuesday, are much lower than expected. However, none of this is to say Cramer doesn't like Microsoft, because he does. He said he believes the company has done well and people should like it because of its new Vista operating system, not because of the Zune. However, it is no competition for the iPod, Cramer said. The iPod is just one reason among many to own Apple. "Its laptops are very popular with the college generation," he said. "When you buy a Mac, you are buying a beautiful, easy-to-use machine." Apple is "the most differentiated brand and only has a tiny bit of market share," Cramer continued, adding that he has never seen an empty Apple store. Also, when Microsoft launches Vista, people might get frustrated with having to update their systems and turn to Apple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV