10 Global Blue Chips for 2007
The world's economies are out of sync -- just in time to give investors looking for a way to escape the anticipated 2007 slowdown in the U.S. economy a profitable place to park some money.
The economies of China, India, Europe and even Japan are set to outgrow the U.S. economy next year, and those stock markets are likely to outperform Wall Street.
But if you want a piece of that global action, you'll need to put some chips on the table -- global blue chips, that is. In 2007, at least, cyclical global commodity producers of coal, iron, copper, etc., and industrial-infrastructure plays in construction equipment or power plants, should take a back seat in your global portfolio to the shares of overseas companies with a global reach that do most of their business in the thriving domestic-consumer economies of China, India, Europe and Japan.
In this column, I'll name 10 global blue chips to own for 2007.
U.S. No Longer DrivesAfter years in which the U.S. powered the global economy, it's now the turn of the rest of the world to drive the pace while the U.S. economy takes a breather. Europe has trailed the U.S. in economic growth for as long as I can remember, but in the second and third quarters of 2006, growth in the European Union actually outpaced growth in the U.S. economy, and projections call for the European Union to do the same in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV