Monday's Winners & Losers: Wynn
Western Refining will now pay $77 a share, down from an earlier offer of $83 a share. The company said the change was caused by a number of unexpected events, including recent refinery fires and increased insurance costs. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter.
Separately, Giant Industries reported third-quarter earnings of $44 million, or $3 a share. During the year-earlier period, the company earned $46.6 million, or $3.38 a share. The company plans to post its full results tomorrow before the bell. Shares of Giant were trading down $4.35 to $76.60, while shares of Western Refining added 15 cents to $25.87.
Wynn Resorts (WYNN) rose 7% after they declared a special cash distribution of $6 a share. The distribution will be payable on Dec. 4 to shareholders of record on Nov. 23.Separately, the company also said that Jack Binion will cede his day-to-day operational responsibilities at the Wynn Macau casino and will now serve as director and principal in the development team in the company's Macau operations. Shares recently changed hands at $87.66, up $5.47. Shares of The Knot (KNOT) rose 8% after the wedding-planning Web site posted better-than-expected third-quarter results. The company earned $3.3 million, or 11 cents a share, on revenue of $18.5 million. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call expected earnings of 10 cents a share and revenue of $17.8 million. During the year-earlier quarter, The Knot earned $722,000, or 3 cents a share, on revenue of $13.1 million. The company said that results in the latest period were bolstered by the acquisition of WeddingChannel.com. Shares were trading up $1.81 to $23.94.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV