Getty Gets SEC Probe
Getty Images (GYI) said the Securities and Exchange Commission's enforcement division is probing the photo licensor's stock option grant practices and related accounting.
The Seattle-based company said its board formed a special panel to investigate.
The SEC asked Getty for certain information. The company said it is cooperating fully.
Getty said it will be unable to file its quarterly report on time as a result of the probe.The news comes just two weeks after Getty shares were flattened by a third-quarter earnings shortfall. Getty fell 30 cents Thursday to $43.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV