Proxy Firm Backs ASM International Breakup
A shareholder plan to break up chip-equipment maker ASM International (ASMI) has won the support of a key ally a few weeks before investors will have a chance to vote on the matter.
Institutional Shareholder Services, an influential proxy advisory firm, endorsed a plan that would divide the struggling Dutch company into two separate firms, saying that ASMI's management has "by its own actions, lost investor confidence."
The plan to break up ASM is being advanced by Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies, an institutional shareholder that has owns a 7.7% stake in the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV