Essex Soars on Buyout
The transaction is valued at roughly $580 million including the assumption of Essex's debt.
The deal should close in the first quarter.
The Essex board approved the transaction unanimously, and shareholders who own around 11% of the company's stock are already planning to vote in favor of the acquisition.Northrop Grumman expects the purchase to be neutral to next year's earnings and to add to profits starting in 2008. Essex provides signal-processing services and products, along with advanced optoelectronic imaging for U.S. government intelligence and defense customers. Its shares were rising 17.8% to $23.53.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV