Cramer's 'Mad Money Lightning Round': Amgen a Gem
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Tuesday evening:
Emmis Communications (EMMS): "Welcome to the world of terrestrial radio, which every day loses more adherents ... and is generally in a tailspin that it cannot stop. ... You should sell any terrestrial radio stock that you have."US Airways (LCC): "Right now I like UAUA (UAL). ... I would ring the register US Airways." Knology (KNOL): "I like LVLT (Level 3 Communications) ... been doing 'mon backs* since 3. LVLT is my gift to you." Allis-Chalmers (ALY): "This stock is actually on a roll ... I want to ring the register and roll into ... Halliburton (HAL)," which Cramer owns for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. Genentech (DNA): "Waffling between 80 and 85 ... but if you want something now in your tank, I am giving you Amgen (AMGN)." Cramer also said don't forget Celgene (CELG) and its successful drug Revlimid. Quest Software (QSFT): "It is too speculative, sir. ... One of those 20% mad money plays, and I will not bless it otherwise." Pacific Ethanol (PEIX): "I cannot countenance that. .... I have been saying that ethanol has been dead now for at least six weeks. ... SellSellSell."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV