Avalon Plans Research Program
Avalon Pharmaceuticals (AVRX) says it's initiating a drug discovery program for a new type of cancer treatment.
The research effort will target a specific molecule known as survivin, which is responsible for cancer growth and death in breast, lung, prostate, pancreatic and colon cancers.
"Avalon Pharmaceuticals is especially well-suited to undertake a discovery program for this intractable cancer pathway," said Dr. Kenneth Carter, Avalon's president and CEO. "Our AvalonRx technology identifies potential therapeutics based upon their ability to modulate pathways or targets within living cells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV