Home Staged Home
Faced with dropping prices and surging inventory, some desperate homeowners are offering to pay a year's taxes, pick up all closing costs, or even throw in a new car.
Others are burying statues of St. Joseph in their front yards and hoping for a miracle.
But one factor is often overlooked: Although a house is the biggest purchase most of us will ever make, choosing one is often an emotional decision based mainly on love at first sight.
"People are pretty logical about their budget and the area they want to buy in," says
But other items on the wish list are forgotten when the right place comes along."A positive emotional reaction will put your house high on the list for a second look," she points out. And experienced real estate agents and professional stagers say there are a variety of tips and techniques that help stir those fond emotions. Stagers help homeowners prepare their house for sale, either by suggesting changes to improve first impressions, or actually doing the work themselves. Rearranging furniture and accessorizing with plants, throws and other cozy touches are all in a day's work for them.
Emotional DistanceIn order to stage your house to win a buyer's heart, you have to disengage your own feelings so you can see what changes and improvements are necessary to attract a buyer. "Once it's for sale, it's no longer 'your' house, it's 'a' house," says
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV