Vectren Earnings Fall
Vectren (VVC), an energy holding company, said its third-quarter earnings fell 27.3% from a year ago.
The Evansville, Ind.-based company earned $12 million, or 16 cents a share, compared with $16.5 million, or 22 cents a share, a year ago. Excluding the results from synfuels-related activities, the company earned $11.4 million, or 15 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with $13.2 million, or 18 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call were expecting earnings of 22 cents a share in the most recent quarter.
Third-quarter revenue rose 9.6% to $340.5 million.
The company affirmed its full-year earnings guidance of $1.55 to $1.70 a share. Analysts are expecting earnings of $1.64 a share in 2006.Vectren expects synfuel-related operations to produce a loss of 3 cents a share to 4 cents a share related to 2006 production, and the company is in the process of hedging 2007 expected production. Operating profit decreased 5% to $28.4 million and operating profit margin declined 130 basis points to 8.3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV