Thursday's Tech Winners & Losers
Shares of 24/7 Real Media (TFSM) slumped 11% after the digital marketing company posted in-line third-quarter earnings on weaker-than-expected revenue and issued fourth-quarter guidance that disappointed investors. The company posted a loss of $1.4 million, or 3 cents a share, on revenue of $49.1 million. Excluding items, the company earned $4.7 million, or 9 cents a share. Analysts expected earnings of 9 cents a share on revenue of $49.8 million. During the year-earlier quarter, the company posted adjusted earnings of $2.3 million, or 5 cents a share, on revenue of $35.1 million.
Looking ahead, 24/7 Real Media sees fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of 11 cents to 12 cents a share on revenue of $55 million to $59 million. Analysts project earnings of 12 cents a share on revenue of $57.6 million. Shares were trading down $1.05 to $8.91.
Other technology movers included Intel (INTC), down 33 cents to $20.69; Dell (DELL), up 93 cents to $24.95; Microsoft (MSFT), down 5 cents to $28.76; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 9 cents to $24.01; Applied Materials (AMAT), down 11 cents to $17.14; Garmin (GRMN), up 85 cents to $45.83; and Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 1 cent to $5.32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV