Net Names Revived in China
BEIJING -- Heading into what looks to be a strong earnings season, investors are warming up to China's tech names that lost ground this summer.
Internet portal Sohu (SOHU) kicked things off last week by beating expectations with a 29% revenue gain.
On Tuesday after the market closes in New York, search engine Baidu (BIDU) is expected to deliver sales improvements of similar heft.
Just in the past week, a handful of high-profile names have vaulted on rosy expectations for the third quarter.Between Oct. 23 and Oct. 30, shares of Sohu popped 12.3%, Baidu rose 9.9%, and Tom Online (TOMO) jumped 16.2%. On the wireless front, the market has now had time to digest a slew of earnings warnings related to the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV