Celgene to Join S&P 500
Regions Financial (RF) is acquiring AmSouth in a deal expected to close by Nov. 6.
Regions, in turn, will supplant RadioShack (RSH) in the S&P 100, Standard & Poor's said Monday.
RadioShack, with a market capitalization of about $2.4 billion, ranked 100th in the S&P 100 as of the close of trading Monday.The moves will occur after the close of trading Nov. 3. Shares of Celgene, a biotech company, climbed $2.15, or 4.3%, to $52 in after-hours trading. Shares of companies added to the S&P 500 often rise because fund managers who track the index have to own the shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV