Celgene to Join S&P 500
Regions Financial (RF) is acquiring AmSouth in a deal expected to close by Nov. 6.
Regions, in turn, will supplant RadioShack (RSH) in the S&P 100, Standard & Poor's said Monday.
RadioShack, with a market capitalization of about $2.4 billion, ranked 100th in the S&P 100 as of the close of trading Monday.The moves will occur after the close of trading Nov. 3. Shares of Celgene, a biotech company, climbed $2.15, or 4.3%, to $52 in after-hours trading. Shares of companies added to the S&P 500 often rise because fund managers who track the index have to own the shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV