Monday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
I might be disappointed in this: Time Warner (TWX) is actually considering spinning AOL off.
Assets in "socially responsible" funds swelled from $2 billion in 2000 to $17 billion in 2005 -- and perhaps with good reason, as the Ave Maria Catholic Values Fund has been in the top half of its Morningstar category for the past one, three and five years. Here are its top holdings.
And, for contrast, here is the Vice Fund, run by RealMoney contributor Charles Norton.
Mark Cuban discusses how to make a legal YouTube.
Traders Insights no longer likes Apple (AAPL). (Found via the Festival of Stocks.)
Cheap Stocks still thinks diamond company Lazare Kaplan (LKI) is trading less than its net asset value, thanks to an inventory of uncut diamonds.
Seth Godin is one of the best marketers out there. So when he writes his 10 secrets of marketing, I like to check it out.
Rough Type summarizes the most popular Wikipedia searches.
Bloggingstocks gives five stocks to watch now that the Dow has hit 12,000.
Don't count Yahoo! (YHOO) out. Here is its market share in the top categories.
Is there a trade deficit, or do we actually have a trade surplus?
Paul Graham is dead on with the most common mistakes of startups.
Speaking of startups, this is a great idea for a company.
TheValueBlogs.com puts up this week's index of the best stock ideas from the best value-oriented blogs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV