Makeover Moves in on Aladdin
While such a move hardly inches the dial at a colossal fund, for the average investor, BlackRock stock picks are often seen as buy signals.
However, traders have yet to fully embrace the stock, which has slowly started to recover lost ground after tumbling from nearly $24 to below $14 in a two-month period. The stock closed Thursday at $17.61.
Aladdin, which is considered a market leader in the software digital rights management (DRM) industry, makes software products and UBS security tokens that prevent unauthorized use of software, and protect copyrights and intellectual property.Over the past few quarters, the company's revenue sank as sales of its major DRM operation slowed and a secondary offering tanked. Many analysts claim an unstable management is a big part of the reason for slowing sales rather than a slowdown in demand -- a perception which could indicate that BlackRock intends to intervene with a possible management shakeup. Early in 2005, the company conducted a secondary offering of 2 million shares at about $21 each. A number of institutional investors, including Fidelity Management & Research and Tracer Capital Management took significant interests, hoping perhaps for a rapid growth opportunity. But the security failed to rise to the expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV