AmerUs Holders OK Aviva Deal
Life insurance and annuity company AmerUs Group (AMH) said Thursday that its shareholders approved its pending acquisition by Britain's Aviva
Nearly 98% of shareholders who voted approved the deal, AmerUs said.
The closing is subject to regulatory approvals from Iowa, Indiana, Kansas and New York, the Des Moines, Iowa-based company said. The company is expecting that the closing will occur before Dec. 31.
AmerUs shares were trading up a penny at $68.48 Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV