Teva CEO Quits
Updated from 8:28 a.m. EDT
The CEO of generic-drug manufacturer Teva Pharmaceutical (symbol) is leaving the company, according to reports.
News reports in Israel say Israel Makov is stepping down as chief executive officer and that Shlomo Yanai, the CEO of Machteshim Agan, an Israeli chemicals conglomerate and a long-time military chief officer, will probably replace him.
Makov, who became CEO in 2002, led the company through the $7.4 billion acquisition of Ivax, which helped turn TEVA into the $28.2 billion company. But industry sources say Wal-Mart's recent decision to begin marketing generic drugs at extremely low prices could hamper Teva going forward.Teva shares were recently down 1.2% to $35.14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV