Delta's Chapter 11 Reinvention
Among airlines, Delta (DALRQ) seems to have broken the mold when it comes to bankruptcy filings.
That's because rather than just focusing on cutting expenses, Delta has made aggressive moves to reinvent itself outright since it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September 2005.
"Delta is no longer a large regional airline -- it is a large international airline," Chief Executive Gerald Grinstein said last week as the carrier introduced nine new international flights.
The latest flights build on the 50 new international routes it has added or announced since the summer of 2005.During that time, Delta's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV