Weekend Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every weekend, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Ticker Sense shows graphically how the Dow is really the only index to hit an all-time high; the rest have a ways to go.
Dr. Brett at TraderFeed shows statistically that it might not be a good idea to short a rising market.Forbes has a great article on how activist hedge fund Santa Monica Partners is going after deep value play Warwick Valley Telephone (WWVY) and other small-caps. They've been up an average 16% a year since 1987. Take a look at Santa Monica's activist situations. Beyond VC has 10 questions every entrepeneur should ask. Bill, aka NoDoodahs reviews the classic Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. Fat Pitch Financials looks at the moat around Building Materials Holding Corp. (BMHC). Equity Investment Ideas analyzes Starbucks (SBUX). Uh-oh. UTube vs YouTube. Thomas Hawk wonders if Facebook is worth as much as YouTube. Seeking Alpha says you can't blame Yahoo!'s problems on the real estate ad market. Stocks-and-Blogs thinks people are ignoring the MySpace Factor when coming up with a value for News Corp. (NWS). Morgan Stanley (MS) is scooping up shares in The New York Times (NYT). And this might be why. SmartMoney had a great screen for stocks that have had earnings estimates raised recently. Don't miss The Stock Market Report by Monty Python.
Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider Warwick Valley Telephone to be a small-cap stock. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV