Friday's Tech Winners & Losers
"This quarter, our communications market segment showed some growth, however this growth may not indicate future growth," LightPath said. "But we continue to produce volumes of products into these markets." Shares were trading up $1.76 to $5.56.
Two tech-related initial public offerings soared on their first day of trading. Shares of Acme Packet (APKT) were vaulting 58% to $14.97. The computer networking gearmaker's offering of 11.5 million shares priced at $9.50 each, above the raised projection range of $8 to $9.
Meanwhile, eHealth (EHTH), an online health information provider, offered 5 million shares at $14 apiece, also topping the target range of $10 to $12. Shares recently were up 65% to $23.04.
Other technology movers included Microsoft (MSFT), up 35 cents to $28.57; Intel (INTC), up 2 cents to $21.51; Lucent Technologies (LU), unchanged at $2.33; Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 1 cent to $5.09; Oracle (ORCL), down 18 cents to $18.81; Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 4 cents to $24.49; Red Hat (RHAT), down $1.69 to $19.80; Level 3 Communications (LVLT), down 10 cents to $5.02; Apple Computer (AAPL), up $1.31 to $76.57; and Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 4 cents to $3.89.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV