InFocus Warns; Hires Advisor
Shares of InFocus Corp. (INFS) fell Tuesday after the video projection company warned about its third-quarter financial results and said it hired a financial advisor to evaluate its strategic alternatives.
The Wilsonville, Ore., company announced that third-quarter financial results would fall short of second-quarter results. InFocus expects revenue to be between $78 million and $82 million, compared to $97.6 million the quarter before.
It expects gross margins for the third quarter to decline from second-quarter results of 15% due to lower revenue as well as an inventory charge related to the company's entry-level consumer product, the IN72, which has continued to sell below expectations through the mass consumer electronics retail channel. InFocus expects to post a third-quarter pro forma operating loss greater than the pro forma operating loss recorded in the second quarter of $8.9 million.
Given these financial results, the company says it's committed to making further reductions to its cost structure. Related to that end, its board has hired Banc of America Securities to assist in evaluating alternatives.Share of InFocus were trading down 54 cents, or 18%, at $2.45 in recent trading Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV