Crown Castle Adds a Jewel
Houston-based Crown Castle said the combined company will have over 24,000 wireless sites and 16,240 towers in the top 100 basic trading areas -- the most of any tower company.
"We expect this extraordinary combination of companies with the most towers in the best markets to create significant value for our customers and shareholders," said Crown Castle chief John P. Kelly. "The complementary nature of our U.S. portfolios will result in a high-quality, diversified customer base, with 76% of site rental revenues from the four largest U.S. wireless carriers."
The merger is expected to generate cost synergies of between $12 million and $15 million annually, which are expected to be realized within 12 months after closing.Global Signal holders will get 1.61 Crown Castle shares or $55.95 in cash for each Global Signal share they hold. Crown Castle will pay as much as $550 million in cash in the deal and the rest in stock. The agreement gives Global Signal holders a 12% premium to Thursday's closing prices. Three Global Signal directors will join the Crown Castle board, boosting board membership to 13. Kelly and Crown Castle financial chief Ben Moreland will stay in their jobs in the combined company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV