Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
SpectraLink's (SLNK) shares were surging after the company was upgraded by JPMorgan to overweight from neutral. Shares were rising 13.4% to $9.31 on heavy volume.
A.P. Pharma (APPA) was higher on word it was granted an exclusive license to RHEI Pharmaceuticals to develop and sell APF530 in China and Taiwan. APF530 is currently in phase III trials in the U.S. for the prevention of acute and delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Shares of A.P. Pharma were up 15% to $1.23.
Magnetek (MAG) got a lift from an upgrade by B. Riley & Co., which raised its rating on the company to buy from neutral. Magnetek was recently gaining 10.7% to $3.83.
Streicher Mobile Fueling (FUEL), a provider of petroleum-distribution services, slumped following its estimate that it will post a loss of $4.8 million for the year ended June 30. Last year, the company lost $1.46 million. Streicher also said it expects to report its fourth-quarter and year-end results to the Securities and Exchange Commission within the next 14 days. The stock was lower by 17.1% to $1.79.Alphatec Holdings (ATEC) skidded 16.4% after First Albany downgraded the stock. The firm took its rating to neutral from buy, and Alphatec was dropping 94 cents to $4.78.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV