Cytyc Raises Vision Bid
Cytyc (CYTC) plans to raise its bid for Australian medical-technology company Vision Systems to $517 million in cash from $374 million.
"We decided to increase our offer to underscore our commitment to completing this transaction as soon as possible," Cytyc said. "We firmly believe that the combination of Vision Systems and Cytyc will provide the maximum benefit to customers of both companies while generating attractive value for both Vision Systems and Cytyc shareholders. Our increased offer is at a significant premium to the offer by Ventana and to the current Vision Systems' share price reflecting increased interest from potential acquirors."
The company also said that its offer already secured pre-bid acceptances from shareholders for about 25 million shares and 3.6 million convertible notes which convert into an additional 4.6 million shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV