RealMoney Radio Recap: Getting a Q&A Clue
Editor's Note: The following is a rebroadcast of a show that originally aired on Aug. 11.
In a special
Taking the Sprint Nextel (S) quarterly conference call as an example, Cramer said that if people read the body of the call's transcript, they would believe the company is doing great. But then the Q&A started, and it was a nightmare, he said.
The second thing he looks for is the guidance, he said. Little to no guidance makes him skeptical, while a lot of guidance is a good thing and provides visibility, he said.Cramer said he also looks for management confidence and company buybacks, including the price the company paid for the buyback. Another thing to look for is if the buyback has retriggered the company's earnings. Energizer (ENR) has systematically bought back stock and managed to raise its bar, Cramer said "That shows false growth, so be careful," he warned. "I also like to hear about what pace of acceleration or deceleration the revenues are at," he said. "Accelerated growth is fantastic."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV