Mad Money Mailbag: Cruisin' With Ford
Editor's note: The following are questions received from viewers of "Mad Money," seen every day at 6 p.m. EST on CNBC.
With Ford (F) supposedly on the road to profitability, is it worth buying here?
-- Kenneth from CaliforniaJim Cramer: I believe the company is finally making some necessary cost-cutting, and that the stock could move 50% higher over the coming quarters.
If financial, technology, and big pharma are the best sectors right now, what stocks do you believe are "best of breed?" -- Mark from Pennsylvania Jim Cramer: In my opinion, Cisco Systems (CSCO) is one of the better technology stocks to own right now, because of the ramping amount of cable and telecom spending. In the financials, I have to go with Goldman Sachs (GS), which I own in my charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Finally, I'd pick Genentech (DNA), which can grow faster than any of the major traditional drug companies. With the stock more than 25% off its recent highs, the company also looks attractively valued.
Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV