Being able to use that success and build up features ... will get
So, is it a cost issue or a technology issue?
Is there anything that your engineers have dreamed up in the lab and said, "Hey this is really cool, and we could do this today," but you said, "There's no market for that?"In 2000, we had a remote presence robot running around our company. People could log in from anywhere in the world and visit iRobot ... You see what the robot sees, you can hear what it hears. ... We think it's got a huge amount of potential. But possibly, you wouldn't pay $5,000. We actually got to the point of a prototype on that, and you know, we had to step back before we put it on the market and say, "This isn't going to fly." On the military side, many of your robots are remote-controlled. As somebody that grew up on R2D2, my gut reaction to remote-controlled robots is that they're not really robots. I have a little more expansive view of the word "robot." It comes from
|iRobot's Scooba: Friend or Foe?|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV