Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Align Technology (ALGN) soared after the inventor of the Invisalign method of straightening teeth signed a preliminary deal to settle its litigation with OrthoClear. Shares surged $4.27, or 54.7%, to $12.07.
Banro (BAA) gained after the Toronto-based gold exploration company said inferred mineral resources at its Twangiza project in the Congo have increased by 230% to 3.878 million ounces of gold. Shares were trading up 76 cents, or 9.55% to $8.72.
PolyOne (POL) lost ground after the Avon Lake, Ohio-based polymer services company said it expects third-quarter sales and shipments to be lower than in the second quarter. Sales should improve compared with the third quarter of 2005, but the company said it expects shipments to be flat to marginally lower, reflecting higher average pricing than a year ago. Shares were trading down 85 cents, or 9.62%, to $7.99.
Financial Federal (FIF) fell after the New York-based credit services company missed Wall Street's fourth-quarter earnings expectations by a penny. The company reported income of $11.5 million, or 43 cents a share, compared with $9.6 million, or 37 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call were looking for earnings of 44 cents a share. The stock dropped $1.58, or 5.53%, to $27.01.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV