Aquila Buying Plant
Aquila (ILA), agreed to buy the Aries power plant in Pleasant Hill, Mo., from Calpine for $158.5 million.
Aquila will use the 580-megawatt natural gas-fired facility as an intermediate-capacity power plant, one that will provide power over an extended period of time to supplement base load coal and nuclear power plants. Aquila will absorb all employees of Aries.
The transaction is subject to approval by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and bankruptcy court approval. Other parties will also be bidding and if the court adopts the procedural schedule proposed by the parties, the transaction is expected to close in December of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV